Full disclosure I don't use dating apps for dates, I use them to see what is going on in the world. I do not feel comfortable using them and I don't have time for nonsense dates. However, I don't know how I feel about all of these things Bumble expects you to do before going on a first date. I totally understand the safety side of this, but this is too much work for me!
1. Meet in a public place
2. Tell somebody close to you where you’re going.
3. Do your due diligence: ask for their last name – ask them to get verified using our photo verification feature
4. Don't give out private info about yourself – don’t give out things like your home address
5. Take the time for a pre-screen: Offer to FaceTime or phone call prior to the date – If they hesitate it’s a good sign they may not be right for you.
6. Always feel free to politely leave the date: in every social situation you should always be kid and compassionate – if you don’t feel comfortable, it’s always important to put yourself first
7. Enlist the help of a bartender or waiter: watch your surroundings and find an advocate nearby. Have the water help get you out of the situation by saying you have an urgent call. If It’s something more serious you can always have someone call the police or drive you home
What do you think? What do you do before going on a first date!? Tweet me.