We hosted my step-son, Ty's, 14th birthday party over the weekend. He had 6 friends spend the night, and as teenagers, you expect them to just hibernate and play video games all night. However, Ty came up with the BEST idea for a game, and I had a lot of people ask me about it after I posted on Instagram. So...thought I'd share the concept for all to use!
The game is called Present Prize or Dare. I wrapped 21 gifts, in all different sizes boxes - which made for 3 rounds of the game. You could do as many as you want, but this allowed each boy to have 3 turns!
Each box was filled with one of the following....
A gift card!
Nothing! (I put candy is a few of the "nothing" boxes because I felt bad - haha)
These proved to be the best packages to open - the boys had a BLAST!
Here are the dares we included:
- Eat a piece of dog food
- Smell the feet of everyone in the room
- Spend the next 15 minutes sitting on your neighbors lap
- Let the person next to you text anyone from your phone
- Paint your nails and post a photo of it to Snapchat
- Apply Vaseline to your face and keep it on for 15 minutes straight
- SING every word, rather than speaking, for the next 20 minutes
You could cater this game to any crowd. For example, the 21+ crowd could use mini shots for the "prize" and do a dare such as "Change your relationship status on Facebook for the remainder of the game"!
This was SUCH a fun and simple game idea! Shout out to Ty for the inspiration!