As we're trapped in our house from Snowmaggedon 2019 - figured it was the perfect day to whip up some of my no bean chili in the crockpot!
This is a SUPER simple recipe, but it's packed with deliciousness (pretty sure that isn't a word, but you get the point). You CAN add beans to this - I just don't like beans, so I keep them out.
We always top our chili with some shredded cheddar cheese & sour cream!
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 (29 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1/2 white onion - diced
- 1 green bell pepper - diced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain. Add to the crockpot
- Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, garlic, cayenne, cumin, chili power, sugar & oregano
- Stir everything to mix ingredients together
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Top with shredded cheese & sour cream
- Eat & enjoy