So I did a thing....I made something you're either going to love or hate me for...
The first time I tried something like this was at the restaurant Lavo in Las Vegas. It was SO good that I had to recreate it at home! Got to be honest...they tasted just as good as the original!
Below is the recipe of your dreams - and it's actually pretty darn easy to make!
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 1/14 cup of pancake mix (yes - the boxed kind)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- sauce pan filled with vegetable oil (I fill it about 3/4 full)
- Heat the pot of oil on the stove over Medium/High heat (Note: keep the bottle for the oil - you can discard your used oil back into the bottle when you're done!)
- Mix together pancake mix, milk, egg, and oil
- Add the pinch of salt & mix
- Whisk until clump free
- Test the heat of your oil by putting a drop of batter into the oil - it should bubble around the batter
- Dip Oreos in batter to cover & drop in hot oil (*Note: if the batter is too runny, add more pancake mix. Should be thick enough to stay on the Oreo once dipped)
- Batter will start to brown on the bottom - flip over to brown the other side.
- Cooking should take no more than 2-3 minutes...jsut need to brown the batter and you're done!
- Remove from oil & place on a wire rack or paper towel
- Eat & enjoy!
Tip: I like to eat them with ice cream, but you could also sprinkle them with powder sugar, dip them in chocolate or strawberry sauce. However you eat them...you'll love them!