I hosted my annual Galentine's party over the weekend (more on that in the days to come), but as I posted some party pics on Instagram, I was FLOODED with requests for the recipe for the tortellini soup I served!
This recipe is BEYOND easy and even more delicious! Perfect for a winter night!
- 1 (19 oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (5 oz) bag of spinach - I use about 3/4 of the bag
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
- 1 lb of ground sausage
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- Brown the sausage on the stove (drain any excess fat)
- Add sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and chicken broth to crockpot
- Put cream cheese in microwave for a 15-20 seconds to soften
- Break off chunks of cream cheese & add to crockpot
- Gently stir & cook on low for 4 -5 hours (stirring occasionally)
- About 1.5 hours before you plan on serving, add in frozen tortellini (I add this later on so it doesn't get all mushy and overcooked)
- Serve & enjoy!
*Note: I doubled this recipe to serve 12 guests, and it was the perfect amount!